posted 2011 Feb by Cody Gibbs
So, you’ve got a mobile Apple device and you’ve got a car – coincidence? Well, not really. Owning these things does not make you a unique snowflake.
If you love your car, though, or just love cars in general, there are some killer apps that will appeal to any auto aficionado. Here is a list of the Top 10 iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch apps for car lovers, in no particular order.
1. Cars.com – This app is great if you’re looking for a new or used car. It tracks prices, lists nearby dealerships and lets you browse by make, model, mileage and more. You can save your finds to create lists and compare them against each other to find the best deal.
2. AccuFuel – A simple app that lets you track your fuel efficiency. It lets you calculate efficiency by adjusting weight, gauging driving style and keeping track of data after every fill-up. You can also track data for multiple vehicles.
3. CarBuzz – It will keep you up-to-date on all the latest industry news with articles, screenshots and ratings. You also get sneak peeks of upcoming models and can discuss cars through Facebook Connect.
4. Dynolicious – Be careful you don’t get a ticket playing with this app! It lets you measure the acceleration, g-force, top speed (careful here) and estimated horsepower of your vehicle. Just load it on your mobile device, drop it into a cup holder or cradle and hit the gas.
5. iWrecked Auto Accident Assistant – If you love your car, you’ll want this app. It provides you with the ability to log accident information, take time-stamped photos and put it all in a professional PDF that you can send to your insurance company. Car accidents are no good, but they can be a lot worse without this app.
6. Real Racing 2 – There are quite a few racing game apps, but this one gets very high marks for the number of available cars, ability to adjust controls, gorgeous tracks and more. Although it’s the new hotness for 2011, it’s impressive design and game play will keep it from becoming old and busted before its time.
7. Sports Car Engines 2: Muscle vs. Import – This fun app puts a little more rev in the traditional car lover’s app. Not only does it provide stats and high-res photos of dozens of sports cars, it lets you hear them roar. Enthusiasts note the sounds really are authentic to each vehicle.
8. CarClock Car Lovers Alarm Clock – Wake up to a picture of your favorite hot rod on your iPad with this simple alarm clock app. It delivers beautiful pictures of 100 cars, dozens of alarm sounds and the ability to change the clock color to match your mood.
9. Trapster – If you love your car, you’ll want to keep it from getting ticketed, right? The community user-updated app has more than 10 million people sharing information, which makes it very effective. And, even if it’s not perfect, so what? It’s free.
10. RepairPal – Keep your car on the road with this handy app that provides tune-up tips and helps you locate nearby repair shops. It can also help you evaluate and compare estimates, which could be essential in getting the best repair deal.
These apps will keep you in the know and help keep you on the road, and if you’re a car lover then that’s where you want to be.
Need another great idea to merge your passion for cars and Apple devices? Check out CoulVue - the new headrest mount for the iPad.